Friday, December 19, 2008

Couple of chocolate and cheese

Holiday is the best time for me to polish my baking skill; this week I baked two cakes, which are butter cake with raisin and marble chocolate cheese cake. Butter cake is easier because all the steps I learnt from my mum dy,the only thing I need to bear in mind while doing are the egg and flour whipping stages.However,for marble chocolate cheese cake, its steps are more complicated, thus I do it with my mum. My mum in charged of the chocolate part while I did the cheese part. Actually its methods just like the usual marble cake’s method, we just need to create the “marble” like texture and appearance while mixing chocolate and cheese together. At last, I really think it taste good, and my sisters also like it very much. Even though its appearance looks a bit messy here, but I am sure you will like it if you are cheese and chocolate lover, because it will give you a high mouth feel.

Baking is a challenging hobby for me because everyone can bake cake, but bake a tasty cake is not easy as we always think (as you know, my teacher is very strict one…). We need to know each method used in each cake making and the reasons behind (as a food technologist, the latter part is more meaningful to us).I really enjoy in cake making especially the moment I open the oven, and take the cake out….it is full of satisfaction with the sense of accomplishment…hehe…

Hope you enjoy your hobby too! See ya!

Mr. Ring

Marble chocolate cheese cake.Yellowish part is cheese and the dark brown part is chocolate.

2 comments:

  1. so where is the marble part? marbled as in the brick shaped thingy? or like swirl in the cheese to create the line in the chocolate...

    anyway, the cake does look delicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh...marble here is used to describe the appearance of the cake,like you said,it like swirl in the cheese...
    so surprised to see u here,btw,thx for your comment...

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts